2016年4月7日 星期四

Young adult fiction note week 4: Continue Salinger

The  Catcher in the Rye:

Do you like the story?

Yes, I like it.

Which part of the novel that interests you the most?

I feel shocked and surprised in the part that Holden Caulfield was with the prostitute in the hotel. It maybe the first time that I have acknowledge in this kind of place. I don't think Holden Caulfield is dirty or something. There is a sentence that if you are not bad in your young adult period, you can't be a adolescent.(人不輕狂枉少年) So, I think everyone may mope in a period of your life. The most important thing is that you should reflect to your self, not giving up yourself, then coming back. You will become a reliable person and whom take their life as valuable as gold.

What would you do if you were him or her in with the the story?

I should have been somewhat like Holden Caulfield before in my early adolescent years. At that time, I spend whole weekend and many weekday night in the Internet cafe. Playing over 10 kings of computer games, wasting tens of thousand dollars on the online games, I felt nothing but empty. Also, I read several long Chinese fictions, like: 召喚萬歲、九鼎記、同居萬歲 written in Chinese several times. It's hard to imagine that a person could read novels for 13 hours a day in the junior high and senior high life. I felt depressed, having no any idea about my future, and sleepy when doing anything. After some kind of big activities that earthquake my current life at then. The most significant and marvelous one is the beating drums with 20 people in a drama, which we had a common experience in Taipei Arena. I still feel touched and appreciated to my parents, my families, and everyone that has been helping me when I trapped in my desperation. 
I would struggle out the deep hole of the distress and miserable when if I am Holden Caulfield. Be a new person that can be accepted by myself.

沒有留言:

張貼留言